* discuss the importance of photography in helping people understand why they should take care of the world’s oceans;
* imagine the things they might see on a dive into the ocean;
* discuss the special adaptations of animals in different parts of the ocean;
* draw pictures of animals that live in different parts of the ocean, and tape their pictures to a mural representing the ocean’s layers;
* think about what it would be like to be an undersea photographer; and
* draw a picture and write paragraphs about why one of the animals they studied is important and should be protected for the future.