Objective: Identify persuasive writing techniques using effective outlines.
1) Students will decide if they are pro or con on the following issue: Changing the drinking age to 24. They will decide ahead of time is they are pro: “Change the drinking age to 24″ or con “Keep the drinking age at 21″
2) They should do some brainstorming on the topic researching laws about it and decide reasons they for the choice they have chosen.
3) They will need to access “Thinkfinity” at www.Thinkfinify.org Use key word “Persuasion Map”
4) Using the interactive site here they will follow the map and put their information into the formulated outline.
5) Once the map is completed they will print it and then write their persuasive essay.