* Understand the history of the space race and space exploration as a whole.
* Create a timeline detailing important events in the history of space exploration.
* Write a descriptive article about an important event in space exploration.
Students will understand the following:
1. An environment with almost no gravity challenges humans living in space. Humans must adjust their diets, sanitation, and sleep patterns; wear space suits; and conduct specially designed experiments.
2. ISS inhabitants perform the daily functions of life in space using special products and procedures.
Explore how gravity and the moon affect tides. Find out how tides are useful to man.